Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 5: Amarillo, TX to Albuquerque, NM

Thanks to my host, Richard, I had a great night's stay and sleep in Amarillo. They got some much needed rain while I was there and the day ended with a beautiful double rainbow - a sign of God's favor I trust. Much of Route 66 simply doesn't exist in New Mexico, so a lot of the day was spent on the Interstate at 75mph. It made me miss the two lane highway! You can see my travels for the day here. Don't forget to click the "2" at the bottom of the list of steps to see my whole trip. I drove a long stretch of dirt 66 from the Texas state line into New Mexico and met up with some "roadies" (what 66'ers use to refer to each other) from Birmingham, England who were also on the dirt (the joys of being in a rental car). Photos from the day are here. Tonight it's Winslow, AZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment